Main Features of Advantech Ethernet to Serial Converters
- Supports IEEE 802.3, 802.3u or IEEE802.11b wireless standard
- 1, 2, 4, 8, and 16 port Ethernet to Serial Converters available
- All-in-one serial port for RS-232/422/485 with plug-in RJ-48 phone jack
- High transmission speeds up to 230.4 kbps
- Windows® 98/NT/2000/XP driver supported
- Easily-manageable port mapping utility
- Auto-detecting configuration utility
- Remote firmware download
- TCP/IP protocol, standard socket and Winsock network programming (ADAM-4577, ADAM- 4579)
- Auto-reconnects or returns error if network breaks
- Modbus solution supports Modbus/TCP and Modbus/ASCII or Modbus/RTU (ADAM-4572)
- Flexible mounting includes DIN rail, panel, piggyback and 1U rack
Hot Selling Products
Ethernet to Serial Converters
|Advantech offers a full line of Ethernet to serial converters to meet your need to connect legacy serial devices to an Ethernet network. |
Wireless Ethernet to Serial Converters
Advantech's Ethernet Data Gateways make it possible to quickly connect RS-232/422/485 serial devices with PC hosts over Ethernet networks, or 802.11b wireless LAN networks. No extra programming effort is required on the host computer. ADAM-4570W and ADAM-4571W are new Serial to Ethernet wireless Data Gateways. Both wireless Ethernet to serial converters can be applied in mobile environments as integrated wireless data gateways. They reduce wiring efforts and make communication more efficient. By adjusting settings in a Windows-based configuration and port mapping utility, you can easily connect your serial devices to an Ethernet network or an 802.11b wireless LAN.
Universal Serial to Ethernet Gateways
ADAM-4577 and ADAM-4579 allow RS-232/422/485 serial devices to connect to Ethernet networks and operate as Ethernet nodes. Through TCP, UDP, IP Socket or Winsock, ADAM-4577 and ADAM- 4579 can actively access any network device and exchange information anytime, anywhere. ADAM-4577 and ADAM-4579 make it possible for serial devices to communicate with other serial devices directly by peer-to-peer communication. No intermediate host PC or software programming is necessary. Advantech's Serial Device Server product series can be used for different operating systems like Windows and Linux.
Modbus Serial to Ethernet Data Gateways
ADAM-4572 serves as an interface between Modbus serial devices and computer hosts running Modbus/TCP on an Ethernet network. Fully compliant with Modbus/TCP, it is ideal for customers who are looking for an easy way to connect their existing devices or controllers running Modbus serial protocols (Modbus/ASCII or Modbus/RTU) to Ethernet networks.