6U CompactPCI 4th Generation Intel® Core™ i3/i5/i7 Processor Blade with ECC support
- Supports 4th Generation Intel® Core™ i3/i5/i7 processors and Intel® QM87 PCH with embedded graphic (up to 3 independent displays)
- Up to 16 GB (DDR3 1600) low voltage ECC memory (max 8GB on board, socket SO-UDIMM x1, max 8GB)
- Optimized single-slot SBC with 2.5" SATA-III HDD/CFast socket/ on-board flash (optional)
- Two SATA ports, 1x USB 3.0, four USB 2.0 ports, two DVI ports, two RS-232 ports, one PS/2 connector, and PCIe x8 interfaces to the Rear Transition Module (RTM)
- Five gigabit Ethernet ports for PICMG 2.16, front and rear connectivity
- PICMG 2.16 R1.0, PICMG 2.1 R2.0, PICMG 2.6 R1.0 compliant
Using Intel’s 4th generation core i3/i5/i7 processors based on 22nm process technology supporting up to four cores / eight threads at 2.4GHz and 6MB last level cache, the MIC-3396 blade boosts computing performance deploying the latest virtualization, techniques and CPU enhancements. Onboard soldered low voltage DRAM (1.35V) with ECC support and optional memory expansion via an SODIMM socket extend the memory to maximum of 16GB supporting the most demanding applications in high performance or virtualized environments. Dual channel design and memory speeds up to 1600MT/s along with increased cache size and cache algorithms guarantee maximum memory performance.
Combined with the powerful Intel® QM87 chipset, the 4th generation Core™ processors offer improved I/O performance by leveraging 5GT/s DMI and 3rd generation PCIe interfaces. An onboard XMC/PMC site with PCIe x8 gen.3 connectivity can host high speed offload or I/O mezzanines such as the MIC-3666 dual 10GE XMC card. With SATA-III support and up to 7Gbps I/O. the latest enhancements in storage technology such as high speed SSDs or traditional HDDs can be used on the MIC-3396. Five Gigabit Ethernet ports based on Intel’s latest GbE controllers for PICMG 2.16, front and rear connectivity ensure best in class network connectivity.
The processor’s integrated enhanced graphics engine (Iris) offers twice the performance over previous generations. With triple independent display support, the MIC-3396 is an ideal fit for demanding workstation applications.
RASUM features integrated in the CPU and chipset combined with PICMG 2.9, IPMI-based management make the MIC-3396 a highly available and reliable computing engine.
The RIO-3316 RTM module supports one PS/2 connector with both keyboard and mouse ports, one USB 3.0, two USB 2.0 ports, two RS-232 ports, two SATA ports, two DVI ports, and two Gigabit Ethernet ports. In case of the SATA disk drives and SATA RAID support of the QM87 do not meet performance and reliability requirements, the RIO-3315 SAS version supports a 4-port SAS controller with RAID and fail over support.