10/100T (X) to Multi-Mode SC Type Fiber Optic Industrial Media Converter
- Provides 1 x 10/100 Mbps Ethernet port with RJ45 connector
- Provides 1 x 100 Mbps Multi-mode/Single-mode SC type fiber port
- Supports Link Fault Pass-through (LFP) function
- Supports full/half duplex flow control
- Supports store and forward transmission
- Supports Auto-Negotiation
- Supports MDI/MDI-X auto crossover
- Supports redundant 12-48 VDC power input
- Provides flexible mounting: DIN-rail and Wall mount
EKI-3541M/3541S is designed to convert Ethernet networks to fiber networks by transparently converting Ethernet signals to optic signals. The advantages of fiber optics are wide bandwidth, EMI immunity and long-distance transmissions.Therefore, EKI-3541M/3541S is an ideal solution for “fiber to building” applications at central offices or local sites. EKI-3541M/3541S supports MDI/MDIX auto detection, so you don’t need to use crossover wires. Furthermore, the EKI-3541M/3541S can work normally from -10 to 60°C and accepts a wide voltage range from 8.4 ~ 52.4 VDC. Besides, it also provides 4,000 VDC surge (EFT) protection against over-voltage, so it is suitable for harsh operating environments.
Link Fault Pass-Through (LFP)
EKI-3541M/3541S is an enhanced Ethernet to fiber-optic converter. Aside from its standard features, the versatile EKI-3541M/3541S also has the LFP (Link Fault Pass-through) feature. When one side of the link fails, the other side continues transmitting packets, and waiting for a response that never arrives from the disconnected side. Use the internal jumper to enable the LFP function, then EKI-3541M/3541S will force the link to shut down as soon as noticed that the other link has failed, giving the application software a chance to react to the situation.