4U 8-way Packetarium™ Network Processor Platform
- Advantech Packetarium™design
- Scalable from 1 to 8 multi-Core Packetarium™ network processing cards
- SAS/SATA controller for two AdvancedMCs with 2.5" storage devices
- Six 10GbE and sixteen 1GbE external interfaces
- L2 switch management
- PCIe Switch for control plane
- MicroTCA style hardware management
- Hot Swappable, 850 W redundant AC or DC power supplies
- Wind River CGL Linux and 6WINDGate™ support
- Designed for NEBS 3.0
The NCP-7560 represents the high performance end of Advantech’s Packetarium
™ product line. It integrates up to eight powerful, multi-Core Packetarium™ network processing cards for wire speed packet processing providing up to 80 Gbps throughput. The main carrier board provides high-speed switched interconnects between boards, along with storage, systemmanagement and external network connections.
Each network processing card is linked by dual XAUI ports to a Broadcomm BCM56820 10 GbE switch on the carrier board. The 10 GbE switch also provides six front panel 10 GbE SFP+ ports and sixteen GbE SFP ports via a BroadcommBCM56512
GbE switch. An onboard SAS controller connects to two advanced mezzanine card slots for SAS/SATA 2.5" storage. The carrier board incorporates a MPC8545 local processor for overall switch and system management and provides two front panel 100BaseT ports for remote management. Debug ports are also made available for development of custom or application specific hardware.