Compact 2U Carrier Grade, High Performance Server based on Intel® Xeon® Processor Scalable Family
- 2U 20" deep rackmount server
- Dual Intel® Xeon® Platinum, Gold, Silver or Bronze Processor (Up to 165W TDP)
- 16x DIMM sockets support up to 1024GB DDR4 1600/1866/2133/2400/2666 MHz DDR4 (ECC/RDIMM/LRDIMM)
- Rich Add-In Card Support: Up to four FH/FL PCIe x8 Gen3 slots, two FH/HL PCIe x8 Gen3 slots (Optional: four FH/FL PCIe x16 Gen3 slots) , plus two LP PCIe x8 Gen3 slot or Advantech Personalization card
- Up to 4x 2.5" hot-swappable HDD/SSD drives
- 1x M.2 2280 SATA SSD
- IPMI 2.0-compliant management with reliability and security enhancements
The Advantech SKY-8201 is a highly configurable high performance server designed to balance the best in x86 server-class processing with maximum I/O and offload density in a 20" depth chassis. The system is a cost effective, robust platform optimized for superior reliability in business critical applications including, but not limited to, communications, edge and industrial high performance computing. It is specifically designed for high density PCIe card payloads where maximum IO connectivity is needed or the integration of industry leading offload and acceleration technology is essential. The power and cooling options along with the streamlined mechanical design make it ideal for demanding applications requiring high performance acceleration technologies such as GPU, DSP and FPGA cards.
Architected around the new Intel® Xeon® Processor Scalable Family, the Dual-Socket SKY-8201 combines cutting-edge performance with the ruggedness, reliability, and long system lifecycles required by the industry. With integrated security and compression offload based on Intel® QuickAssist technology and two onboard 10GbE ports with SR-IOV and RDMA support, the system offers best-in-class integration in a compact 2U, 20" deep form factor.
The SKY-8201 is designed to withstand extended environmental conditions in terms of shock, vibration and operating temperature. A replaceable front air filter is supported to cope with dust. Redundant power supplies, the ability to withstand single fan failures, redundant firmware images with failsafe upgrades and hot swappable FRUs make the SKY-8201 the platform of choice for applications requiring zero downtime. The SKY-8201 is designed for NEBS Level 3 carrier grade environments and where limited rack space is available.
Interoperability testing is performed with a wide selection of third-party PCIe card vendors.