Half-length PCI Express Card with 4 TMS320C6678 DSPs
- Four TI TMS320C6678 DSPs on single half-length PCI Express Card with PCIe Gen 2 x8 interface to the edge connector
- Eight TMS320C66x™ DSP Core Subsystems (C66x CorePacs) @ 1/1.25 GHz per DSP
- 2 GB DDR-1333 on board memory per DSP
- Supports XDS560v2 evaluation module via JTAG for CCS connection
- Hardware monitor for temperature detection
– IPTV/Web TV/mobile TV video transcoder
– Audio and video transcoding/transrating
– Media gateways and accelerator
– Medical applications
– High Performance Computing
The DSP-8681 integrates four Texas Instruments TMS320C6678 multi-core digital signal processors (DSPs), the PLX® ExpressLane™ PEX8624 PCIe switch, and the Xilinx XC3S200AN Spartan-3 FPGA to achieve the highest possible performance levels in a half-length PCIe form factor. The DSPs provide fixed- and floating-point capabilities and include
packet accelerator support for various transport plane protocols and a security accelerator engine which supports a wide range of security and encryption standards including DES.
The DSP-8681 includes Serial RapidIO and SGMII daisy-chains for connecting all DSP devices. Each DSP device is also connected by two separate PCI Express lanes (PCIe x2) via the PEX8624 enabling up to 10Gbps non-blocking throughput. The card can support 120 channels in an H.264 mobile video application (CIF, 30fps) and 60 channels in a content delivery network using H.264 (SD, 30fps). For HD Broadcast applications, the DSP-8681 is capable of supporting 4 channels of AVCIntra-50, 10-bit, 4:2.0 at 60fps.
The 32 DSP cores on the DSP-8681 make it ideal for power efficient solutions based on commercial and industrial servers needing the highest performing video processing technology on fast-to-deploy PCIe add-in cards. It is a perfect fit for applications in many industries such as digital media, communications, video-surveillance, medical imaging, bioinformatics, radar, sonar and instrumentation, high performance computing as well as test and measurement.