Implementing an Advanced Traffic Management System with Advantech’s Industrial Networking Solution
Industry Application: City Traffic Management SystemsIndustry Sector: Road TransportationLocation: USACustomer: A metropolitan city in Nebraska
- High-bandwidth connection: Every port required a full Gigabit connection for traffic cameras and wireless radios
- At least a 3-GbE fiber uplink was needed to support multiple data redundancy systems for city intersections, and some intersections needed to support southbound, eastbound, and westbound connections
- L2 network management capability was needed to run VLAN, network redundancy, and Web management for field network management and applications
- Ethernet ports had to support PoE+ capability, which offers up to 30 W for outdoor PTZ camera systems
- NEMA TS2 was required in order to support environmental requirements in the traffic control cabinet
- EKI-7712G-4FPI: 8-port GbE(PoE/PoE+) + 4 GbE SFP Full L2 Managed Ethernet Switch, -40~75C
- SDR-120-48: DIN-Rail Power Supplies 120W 48V 2.5A Active PFC Function
- SFP-GSX/LCI-AE: 1000Base-SX multi-mode SFP module; 550-m range; -40~85°C operating temperature
- SFP-GLX/LCI-10E: 1000Base-LX single-mode SFP module; 10-km range; -40~85°C operating temperature
- EKI-7712G-4FPI supports full Gigabit Ethernet connectivity and is designed with a unique Ethernet and fiber combination (8 GbE + 4 SFP ports). The features make this product the ideal solution for multiple data redundancy support for city intersections.
- EKI-7712G-4FPI supports full PoE+ with 240 W PSE capability, which is ideal for powering and connecting with traffic cameras and wireless radios.
- EKI-7712G-4FPI offers full L2 managed features, providing the most advanced network management capabilities, including redundancy, security, diagnostics, management, and intelligent provisioning.
Benefits and Advantages
- The product specifications of the EKI-7712G L2 switch and peripherals met the city’s field network requirements
- Advantech’s team offered professional network topology consultancy and timely on-site POC support
- Advantech’s team provided a high level of support and timely service to the city’s IT engineers