Advantech Unveils Embedded Computing Platforms with 6th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors
Taipei, Taiwan, September 1, 2015 –Advantech (2395.TW), a leading provider of embedded computing platforms for multiple vertical markets, today unveils its latest range of embedded computing platforms equipped with 6th generation Intel® Core™ processors. These platforms comprise Computer On Modules SOM-5897 and SOM-6897, an MI/O Extension Single Board Computer MIO-5272, Industrial Motherboards AIMB-275 and AIMB-585, and Digital Signage Players DS-780 and DS-980. With the new 6th generation Intel® Core™ processors, these Advantech Embedded Core Group products offer dramatically enhanced CPU and graphics performance, wide power and feature scalability, and advanced features that boost IoT designs from the edge to the cloud.
“The new IoT ecosystem is shaping groundbreaking business models for a next-generation embedded market. Advantech is working closely with Intel, our IoT alliance partner, to develop the core of intelligent systems for today’s IoT world and make the future IoT world a reality,” said Miller Chang, Vice President of Advantech Embedded Core Group. “To harness the full potential of the IoT, Advantech is committed to developing embedded computing products based on Intel® technology at every point in the IoT ecosystem to deliver the most compelling integrated IoT solutions.”
"Intel is working with Advantech to develop a broad range of exciting products to build tomorrow's IoT devices today", said Samuel Cravatta, product line director, Internet of Things Group, Intel. "The enhanced graphics and compute performance, power efficiency, and new features provided by 6th generation Intel® Core™ processors are built into Advantech's latest products, and we are confident this cutting-edge lineup will enable their customers to build a wide range of solutions to meet any IoT application.
"6th Gen Intel® Core™ Technology Advances Advantech’s Embedded Solutions
Advantech designed its latest series of industrial-grade embedded boards and systems in a wide range of form factors, including COM Express Basic Module SOM-5897, COM Express Compact Module SOM-6897, 3.5” MI/O-Compact SBC MIO-5272, Mini-ITX Motherboard AIMB-275, ATX Motherboard AIMB-585, and Digital Signage Players DS-780 & DS-980. Powered by a 6th generation Intel® Core™ processor, each of these devices delivers superb CPU and graphics performance with reduced power consumption, ensuring edge-to-cloud scalability for IoT designs.
Built-in Intelligent Remote Management and Value-Added Software Support
Advantech’s new embedded boards and systems are equipped with multiple OS, value-added software, and built-in intelligent management technology, such as the self-managing, cross-platform firmware iManager for monitoring the system status and responding to abnormalities, as well as remote management software SUSIAccess for ensuring continuous system uptimeand reduced maintenance costs.
Advantech’s Latest Embedded Products Featuring 6th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors
SOM-5897 – COM Express Basic Module Type 6
- Supports dual channel DDR4 2133, 1.2V up to 32 GB
- Supports 8 PCIe x1 Gen 3 (8GT/s)
- Thermal enhancement with low profile design & anti-board bending design
- Based on QM170 PCH
- Supports dual chanel DDR3L-1600 up to 16 GB
- Flexible configuration of PCI Express up to 8 lanes
- Integrated GFx supports HEVC, VP8, VP9 HW transcode
- Dual DDR3L 1600MHz SO-DIMM up to 16 GB
- Fanless design, wide temperature with compact size
- Supports 4K resolution and tripleindependent displays: 48-bit LVDS or eDP + HDMI + VGA
- Supports dual channel DDR4 2133 MHz SO-DIMM up to 16 GB
- Triple independant displays of HDMI2.0, DP, VGA, LVDS, upt to 4K resolution.
- Wide range 12V~24 DC Input and 1 M.2 (B key) supported
- Based on Q170 PCH
- Supports dual channel ECC / Non-ECC DDR4 2133MHz SDRAM up to 32 GB
- Triple displays of HDMI 2.0, DP++, eDP, DVI, VGA. upt to 4K resolution
- Supports 1 PCIe x16 or 2 PCIe x8, 1 PCI, 1 M.2 (B key), 1 mini-PCIe, 12 USB.
- Based on Q170/C236/H110 PCH
- Supports 4K resolution by HDMI outputs
- Supports three independentdisplayswith fanless design
- Flexible expansion via Mini PCIe and M.2 2230/1630 E key
- Stackable design with PCIe x16 expansion slot
- Dual channel DDR4 2133 SO-DIMM and M.2 (2133 E key)
- Supports up to 4K resolution (4096 x 2304) by HDMI outputs
- Based on Q170 PCH
About Embedded Core Service
Advantech Embedded Core Services offers design-in oriented services. These streamlined solutions broadly integrate embedded boards, peripheral modules and software. This dedicated focus on Embedded Design-inservices fulfills electronic engineering demands at their design-in phase, and brings benefits that shorten the design and integration cycle, minimizing uncertainty and risk. www.advantech.com/EmbCore
Founded in 1983, Advantech is a leader in providing trusted, innovative products, services, and solutions. Advantech offers comprehensive system integration, hardware, software, customer-centric design services, embedded systems, automation products, and global logistics support. We cooperate closely with our partners to help provide complete solutions for a wide array of applications across a diverse range of industries. Our mission is to enable an intelligent planet with Automation and Embedded Computing products and solutions that empower the development of smarter working and living. With Advantech, there is no limit to the applications and innovations our products make possible. Advantech is a premier member of the Intel® Internet of Things Solutions Alliance. From modular components to market-ready systems, Intel and the 350+ global member companies of the Alliance provide scalable, interoperable solutions that accelerate deployment of intelligent devices and end-to-end analytics. Close collaboration with Intel and each other enables Alliance members to innovate with the latest technologies, helping developers deliver first-in-market solutions. (Corporate Website: www.advantech.com).
Intel and Intel Core are registered trademarks of Intel® Corporation in the United States and other countries.