AGV Robot in China - The Smallest 2.5” SBC with I/O Expansion
Recently, automated guided vehicles (AGV) are widely
used in factory to transport loads of material to places which require lots of repetitive
movements with little or no human decision making skill. In addition, it has proven
to reduce variances, such as injury, found in human delivery operations.
The customer based in China was looking for not only the smallest form factor with low profile but also multiple I/O ports with total 2 LAN, 4 USB, 6 COM, and 2 CANBus for its AGV robot. No board vendors can meet its requirement of low profile CPU and rich I/O with short development schedule but Advantech, who delivered a 2.5” SBC MIO-3260 with MIOe extension for customer.
- Intel ATOM low profile CPU
MIO-3260 quips with Intel ATOM E3825 CPU and its Intel Gen 7 DirectX®11.1 support, dual independent display: 18/24bit LVDS, VGA, DP/HDMI. MIO-3260 is ideal for small systems which need rich I/O as well.
MIO-3260, one of Advantech’s MIO 2.5” Pico-ITX series can expand its IO quickly and flexibly with MIOe board. Throughout the customized MIOe board, MIO-3260 can expand it IO to total 2 LAN and 4 USB.
- Highly Reliable Design for Embedded Applications
MIO-3260 complies with the IEC standard for Electro Static Discharge protection for the COM port transceiver with15kV air gap protection/8kV contact protection for RS-232. MIO-3260 was designed with 100% solid capacitors which give better reliability than electrolytic capacitors, and its high Tg PCB value (TG-170) means the PCB is more stable under high temperature operation.
- Embedded Intel® Atom™ E3825 & Celeron® N2930 up to Quad-Core processor design, DDR3L 1333MHz support up to 8GB
- Intel Gen 7 DirectX®11.1 support, Dual Independent display: 18/24bit LVDS, VGA, DP/HDMI
- Flexible design using integrated multiple I/O: MIOe to approach vertical applications & keep domain knowhow
- Intel GbE support, Rich I/O interface with 2 COM, 1 SATA, 4 USB 2.0, GPIO,SMBus, I2C, and MIOe expansion interface
- Supports SUSIAccess and Embedded Software APIs