Advantech SIoT WPC－Deconstructing Smart City IoT and Co-Creating an Ecosystem Value Chain
Advantech (stock code: 2395), a global leader in IoT, is holding the first 2020 Service-IoT (SIoT) World Partner Conference at Linkou IoT Campus. Focusing on the theme of Accelerating Smart City Transformation and Unlocking Business Value. Advantech constructed the Smart Service Solution Franchise Ecosystem to incorporate Service IoT in smart city solutions. There are over 300 customers and partners from 40 countries around the world participating in this conference, and more than 40 booths showcasing the latest Smart City IoT solutions, including 28 solutions co-created by Advantech and its co-creation partners.
Utilizing Domain-focused Solution Integrators (DFSI) Solution Franchise Program to Build a SIoT Ecosystem
According to MC Chiang, Vice President of Service IoT Group, “Advantech, benefits from the foundation and strength of the software and hardware developed for Industrial IoT, Embedded IoT, and Service IoT groups. Advantech’s WISE-PaaS 4.0 architecture is the best platform for developing, promoting, and realizing solutions for IoT. Therefore, looking forward, Advantech will strategically focus on growing the Service IoT industry ecosystem and Smart Service Solution Franchise Ecosystem for vertical markets such as retail, hospitality, logistics, healthcare, and the smart city.”
Building a Smart Service Solution Franchise Ecosystem
- Develop smart service IoT: Use the WISE-PaaS IoT cloud platform as the core and provide software and hardware integration solutions to co-create SRP IoT solutions. Then actively pursue vertical cloud service market integration in retail, hospitality, logistics, healthcare, and the smart city.
- Provide vertical industry solutions with DFSI Solution Franchise Program: Promote in-depth co-creation solutions across a variety of vertical industries through joint ventures or direct investment.
Create new DFSI (Domain Focused System Integrator) for healthcare, retail, and logistics: In 2020, Advantech will create two new DFSI in Taiwan to focus on the development of solutions in healthcare, retail, and logistics.
Decoupling, reconstructing, and co-creation of smart service IoT solutions
- Deconstructing the fundamental platform structure and service procedure: Target vertical industries of retail, logistics, healthcare, smart city, and hospitality. Combine the latest technology trends to deconstruct the fundamental platform structure of SIoT and generate big data to achieve the first level of digital transformation.
- Restructure industrial development with industrial apps and shared APIs: Allow various Industrial apps (I.App) within the WISE-PaaS platform to communicate and be shared with Industrial Software Developers to assist co-development of IoT solutions for vertical industries, thereby accelerating overall industrial development and advancement.
- Co-create a Service-IoT industrial ecosystem: Provide cloud platforms and solutions for SIoT. Advantech will share resources with cloud service providers, Industrial app developers, and end device users—co-creating a SIoT value chain and complete industrial ecosystem.
To fully implement all these strategies, the conference will demonstrate end-to-cloud and smart city SIoT solutions across a variety of industries and focus on growth in keys areas like smart edge computing, domain-focused solution Industrial apps (Service-IoT I.App), WISE-PaaS/DeviceOn IoT central device management, industrial AI and SIoT cloud platforms, indoor/outdoor self-service systems, and smart street lighting applications.
- Intelligent edge computing: Here we showcase intelligent edge computing, all-new ultra-thin AiO, AIM tablets, IP67-rated outdoor smart docking stands, self-service systems, 86-inch digital signage displays, and rugged vehicle-mounted terminals. These are complemented with various specialized Industrial apps (I.App) for the SIoT industry, mainly for operation and maintenance.
- Service-IoT I.App: The SIoT business group is committed to discovering unmet needs in the sectors of retail, hospitality, logistics, healthcare, and smart city. We are developing smart devices through Advantech’s WISE-PaaS platform and will develop I.App software that satisfies the needs of enterprises for easy implementation. In addition we will reduce the cost of developing APIs to form integrated IoT solutions for various vertical industries.
- IoT central device management WISE-PaaS/DeviceOn: Assists vertical industries to safely implement, organize, monitor, and remotely manage various IoT devices and peripherals over a large scale, whilst reducing the cost and labor for deploying management of such devices and peripherals. Using the WISE-PaaS/DeviceOn platform, businesses will be assisted by providing features to monitor, troubleshoot, and inquire on the status of any IoT devices and peripherals. Additionally, it will send firmware and software updates remotely over the air.
- New technology integration of Industrial AI: The conference will focus on debuting key technologies in retail, logistics, and healthcare in the smart city sector. The retail industry emphasized the technology advancements of video AI and facial recognition enabled by the combination of computer vision and machine learning. The logistics industry focused on cold chain management and driving safety and the healthcare industry concentrated on the informatized, digitalized, and visualized management of outpatient services and iWard solutions.
- Indoor/outdoor self-service system and smart street lighting: Smart cities provide higher added value solutions to urban living, enterprises, and city infrastructure. They are prevalent in transportation, retailing, and security. Self-service systems are used in a wide range of applications in restaurants, retail stores, theaters, transportation, and hotels. They integrate customer data and focus on their experience and the services they used. They help transform business strategies and government policy into actual sales and help improve management performance. Smart street lighting is the perfect realization of these ideas, combining a range of innovative technologies such as data acquisition and image analysis, environmental sensing, location tracking, security and surveillance, and vehicle flow data to help our cities run smoother and safer.
In addition to all these new innovations, 28 DFSI Solution Franchise co-creation partners, both domestic and abroad, are invited to participate in the conference to showcase their co-created solutions. SIoT solutions that utilize Advantech’s WISE-PaaS/CCM, WISE-PaaS/SignageCMS platform will be demonstrated such as StoreBI, iWard, and iOutpatient SRPs for retail, logistics, healthcare, and applications in the smart wards, facial recognition, smart hospitality, smart cold chain logistics, and item recognition and self-checkout. MC Chiang concluded by saying that, “Advantech’s Service-IoT Business Group will build the Service-IoT industrial partner ecosystem with sustainable growth that drives the AI and Service-IoT sectors. The goal is to be the global leader in the Service-IoT platform market.”