Advantech Launches EPC-B3000 Series Embedded Computer with advanced X86 architecture CPU for Edge AI Applications
Taipei, Taiwan, October 2022 — Advantech, a global embedded computing leader, is proud to release the EPC-B3000 series of high-performance computers. Comprising the EPC-B3522 with AMD Ryzen™ AM4 5000 and the EPC-B3588 with 12th Gen Intel® Core™, this series supports NVIDIA RTX level GPU cards and up to 4 × full height PCIe cards. The EPC-B3000 series adheres to EMC and safety regulations to enable seamless localization of automated solutions in China, North America, and Europe. Likewise, the EPC-B3588 in particular leverages DDR5 and PCIe Gen5 to power demanding AI applications. Contained within a 360 x 310 x 134 mm form factor chassis, these are excellent solutions for AI inspection and/or parcel recognition tasks, and enhance GPU-accelerated operations at the edge while simultaneously enabling multitask processing and smooth service flows.
Distributed Multitasking Computing Performance with High-End x86 Processors
The Advantech EPC-B3522 leverages AMD Ryzen™ AM4 5000 series processors with 16 cores and 32 threads to empower parallel computing AI algorithms. Conversely, EPC-B3588 utilizes 12th Gen Intel® Core™ processors, support for up-to 128GB DDR5, and PCIe x16 Gen 5 to transfer high-speed signals between the processors and add-on GPU cards instantly. In sum, the EPC-B3000 series employ these processors to provide superior computing performance at lower power than previous generation solutions.
Certified Systems for Diverse Scenarios
The Advantech EPC-B3000 series supports operation in EMC conditions for both industrial (IEC 61000-6-2, 6-4) and residential environments (IEC 61000-6-1, 6-3), and is capable of withstanding IEC level-4 standard ESD (contact 8kV, air 15kV). Likewise, EPC-B3000 will be CB/UL/BSMI/CCC certified to ease global distribution, and features integrated NVIDIA RTX A4500 (NVIDIA accreditation) for excellent performance and data security during vision AI operation.
High Flexibility and Scalability for AIoT Application Integration
Both EPC-B3522 and EPC-B3588 leverage numerous PCIe expansions to support multitasking workloads in edge computing. For example, the PCIe x16 slots used by these systems enable the utilization of high-performance acceleration cards needed for AI intensive applications. The EPC-B3000 series is designed for edge applications requiring different peripherals. Accordingly, both solutions feature diverse I/O alongside COM, USB, and LAN ports to facilitate the use of PLC, digital sensors, or Ethernet-based equipment.
Quick and Easy Automation Implementation with Value-Added Software Support
Advantech DeviceOn is a cloud-based software solution for remote hardware and software management. It helps its users identify irregularities in advance and take action to prevent future catastrophes. The comprehensive OTA software updates provided by DeviceOn reduce the deployment of onsite technicians and its resulting labor costs. Likewise, the embedded SUSI API enables users to control the I/O of EPC-B3000 directly and save time. Finally, the EPC-B3000 series is compatible with both Windows 10 and Linux Ubuntu OS to support diverse applications and preferences.
Key Features EPC-B3522
- AMD Ryzen™ Embedded AM4 5000 series processors
- Diverse system I/O: 11 x USB, 4 x GbE LAN, 6 x COM, 1 x HDMI, 1 x DP, 1 x VGA, and 1 x 8-bit GPIO
- 3 x PCI-Express slot: 1 x PCIe x16 Gen4/3, and 2 x PCIe x4 Gen4
- 2 x M.2 slots: 1 x 2280 M-key and 1 x 2230 E-key
- EMC industrial environment (IEC 61000-6-2, 6-4), residential environment (IEC 61000-6-1, 6-3), CB, UL, and CCC certified
- Ubuntu and Win 10 IoT OS compatible
Key Features EPC-B3588
- 12th Gen Intel® Core™ i9/i7/i5/i3 processor
- Up to 9 x USB 3.2, 1 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type C, 4 x USB 2.0, 1 x GbE LAN, and 3 x 2.5GbE LAN
- Up to 4x PCI-Express slot: 1x PCIe x16 Gen 5(or 2 x PCIe x8 Gen 4 by project), 1x PCIe x4 Gen4, and 1x PCIe x4 slot Gen3Supports up to 128GB DDR5 4400MHz with 4 x UDIMMs
- EMC industrial environment (IEC 61000-6-2, 6-4), residential environment (IEC 61000-6-1, 6-3) certified, CB, UL, CCC, and BSMI certified
- Ubuntu and Win 10 IoT OS compatible
Advantech’s EPC-B3000 series embedded desktop computer is available for order now. For more information about this solution or other Advantech products and services, please contact your local sales support team or visit our website at www.advantech.com.