Based on high efficiency
improvement and regulated output voltages, DC power solutions have been widely
implemented in diverse fields. This is particularly true for power backup
applications. DC power solutions also benefit the smart transportation, power
substation, IIoT, and server and telecom fields. The two commonly used primary DC
power sources found in applications are -48Vdc and 110 Vdc/220Vdc. Advantech offers
a full range of DC power supply solutions for -48, 110, 220, and 24 Vdc aimed
at intelligent toll collection solutions.
Server and Telecom Application Server Efficiency
Augmented by -48Vdc Power
Fueled by the evolution and expansion of Cloud services, the demand for data centers is growing exponentially. Indeed, more powerful CPUs and extended memory banks make efficiency, power density, and enhanced reliability exceedingly challenging. As over 30% of data center operating costs stem from electricity use, reducing or optimizing their use has become a major priority for their operators. To this end, increasing power efficiency is the best strategy for reducing these costs. Accordingly, major data center operators favor adopting -48Vdc power as it helps minimize electricity costs while reducing conversion steps and improving energy efficiency. Alongside 12V power, -48Vdc power distribution has become a mainstream industry power source.
Battery backup systems (BBS) at telecom data centers are another application field that leverages -48Vdc power distribution. Data storage and networking security servers are two applications that require uninterrupted power supplies, therefore BBS supports -48Vdc power as standard for connection to server systems.
110/220Vdc Power Supply Solutions for Substation Applications
Smart grids are increasingly added to electricity generation infrastructure in an effort to improve power supply efficiency. Smart grids leverage advanced metering infrastructure (AMI), to balance power consumption between peak and off-peak times, integrate renewable energy sources, detect power failures, and better monitor and control power electricity distribution. Designed specifically for electrical substation applications, Advantech’s 110/220Vdc power supply units (PSU) support between 110 and 220Vdc input conditions to provide stable DC power supply for electricity infrastructure applications.
ETC System Management Platform Leverage 24Vdc Power
Electronic toll collection (ETC) systems are perceived as an intelligent solution for relevant authorities seeking to reduce congestion on highways. In an effort to meet growing global demands for integrated smart transportation platforms Advantech provides a 24Vdc power supply solution that supports ETC control series systems.
DC Power Supply Product Offerings
- 96PS-D300WFX / DC to DC -48V 300W FLEX ATX Switch Power Supply without PFC
- 96PS-D600WPS2W / DC to DC -48V 600W PS2 Power Supply without PFC
- 96PSRM-D800WCRP / DC to DC -36~-72V 800W Common Redundant Power Supply Module with PFC 80+ Platinum
- 96PSRM-D300W1U / DC to DC -36 ~ -72V 300W 1U Redundant Power Supply Module
- 96PSRM-D650W1U / DC to DC -36 ~ -72V 650W +12V/+5V Redundant Power Supply Module
- 96PS-D500WPS2 / DC to DC 110-220V 500W PS2 ATX Cable Management
- 96PSR-D500WMIN / DC to DC 110V/220V 500W Mini Redundant Power Supply with PMBUS
- PSD-A40W / DIN-Rail AC to DC 100-240V 40W Power Supply
- PSD-A60W / DIN-Rail AC to DC 100-240V 60W Power Supply
- PSD-A120W / DIN-Rail AC to DC 100-240V 120W Power Supply