2U4N Rackmount Server, Designed for Hyper-converged and HPC Application
- Up to 4 Hot-Swappable CPU Node boards with dual Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processors
- Support up to 16 DIMM slots DDR4 2666MHz RDIMM/LRDIMM 3DS (per Node)
- Flexible I/O configurations with up to 2x PCIe Gen3 x16 slots (half length, low profile) (per Node)
- Support 1PCIe Gen3 x8 OCP mezzanine (per Node)
- Optional redundant M.2 storage devices & one 2.5" SSD/HDD slot (per Node)
- Support up to 12x 3.5" SAS/SATA storage on the system
- Hot swappable and redundant AC PSU options
- Carrier Grade BMC (IPMI v2.0 compliant) with fail safe updates, Web Interface, KVM, Redfish
The SKY-9240 is a 2U 4-node rackmount server designed for hyper-converged infrastructure and high performance compute in markets demanding enhanced solutions for applications such as hyper-converged secondary storage, object recognition and deep-learning, virtual desktop infrastructure and compute intensive cloud.
The system delivers the highest performance and efficiency in a 2U 4-node design, creating the flexibility to deploy independent workloads with all the economies of a shared chassis infrastructure, including cooling and power. This significantly lowers the total cost of ownership (TCO) to less than the cost of four regular 1U or 2U servers.
The hot-swappable compute nodes are designed with dual Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors and the latest DDR4 memory technology. Each node supports up to two 28-core CPUs with an increased UPI bandwidth of 10.4GT/s, nearly 10% improvement from the previous generation, lowering latency and accelerating inter-processor communications. In addition, a 6-channel memory design increases memory bandwidth by up to 50% and supports up to 512GB RAM per node.
The compute nodes employ an innovative and modular design concept for maximum configuration flexibility in a space-efficient form-factor. One OCP mezzanine slot and up to two PCIe slots per node enable a broader choice of I/O, offload and acceleration than similar designs.
Each computes node provides 2.5" data storage capabilities with a further twelve 3.5" SAS/SATA drive bays available at chassis level for optional cold data storage. Redundant, hotswappable 1 1 power and fans enhance product stability and serviceability, maximizing availability and increasing uptime.
The system offers enhanced platforms management capabilities and supports the latest major Linux distributions including CentOS, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Ubuntu, and VMware.