【Field Service】Fully Rugged Tablet Solution Ideal for Field Service Applications
Many companies recognize the influence that automation has on performance and profitability, and have automated their dispatch, inventory management, and paperwork operations with mobile computing devices. For use in the field, such devices must be rugged, able to withstand impacts and drops from rough handling, and offer protection from dust, water, and extreme temperatures. Ideally, devices should also feature hands-free, flexible carry options for portability and enhanced productivity. Wireless communication technology not only connects field service technicians to the dispatch center, enabling them to make informed and effective decisions at the point of service, but also provides dispatchers with a complete overview of available resources.
The PWS-870 fully rugged tablet features an Intel® Core™ i3/i5/i7 processor with integrated graphics processor and turbo boost. The 10.1” HD capacitive multi-touch panel is sunlight-readable with digitizer pen operation for more user-friendly control. Besides standard peripherals that include USB ports, an audio jack, and HDMI connector, PWS-870 is equipped with front and rear-facing 2M/5M cameras, a 1D/2D barcode reader, and a RFID readerto provide multiple tools for infield data collection.
Application-oriented peripherals include desk and vehicle docking stations, universal cover and extension module with MSR and UHF RFID. A hot-swappable second battery ensures up to 11 hours continuous operation. Built-in Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, WWAN, and GNSS modules support real-time communication and vehicle positioning(within 2.5 meters), facilitating critical reporting and dispatching functions and enabling real-time communication between field staff and the back-end control center.
- Intel® Core™ i processor with integrated graphics and turboboostenhance computing power for complicated field service work
- Sunlight-readable, multi-touch 10.1” display and hot-swappable 2nd battery supports 11 hours of operation in outdoor environments
- Advanced communication technologies and flexible peripherals increase productivity and operational efficiency
- Front and rear-facing 2M/5M dual cameras, a 1D/2D barcode reader, and an NFC RFID reader provide multiple tools for in-field data collection
- Fully rugged design, MIL-STD-810G and IP65 certified, withstands drops of up to 4 ft. System durability ensured, even with rough handling