AI Software Application Management System for Legacy IP Surveillance Upgrade
A leading IP surveillance provider needed a solution that would turn its small, legacy IP cameras into a full Artificial Intelligence (AI) capable camera network. The solution needed to include an industrial edge GPU with AI software, along with a management system that would remotely upgrade the program and manage the edge GPU.
- Needs to know GPU box resources utilization status
- Scheduled, remote upgrades of AI software at the edge
- Remotely power cycle the device when the system is abnormal
- Simple and intuitive user interface for end-user operation
The IP surveillance provider utilizes the Advantech MIC-710 NVIDIA Jetson series GPU to run its applications, and offers the solution as an add-on system to end-users for upgrading legacy IP surveillance systems. The application allows end-users to start utilizing basic AI functions, such as facial recognition and virtual geo-fences, while still using legacy IP surveillance systems. For the IP surveillance provider, the core of its business is in AI applications, but it needed an end-to-end platform for remote device management and applications. This is where Advantech WISE-DeviceOn can help.
System Block Diagram
- WISE-DeviceOn for edge applications and device management
- NVIDIA MIC-710AI for edge AI inferencing
- SmartFlex for 4G LTE connectivitySmartFlex for 4G LTE connectivity
- Reduce system management time with:
- Bulk, remote over-the-air application upgrades
- Abnormal notifications sent to administrators for reduced downtime
- Simple GUI interface that is easy to use; no command line needed