Implementation of Advantech’s Cellular Router Solution for the Real-Time Monitoring of Sydney Ferries
Industrial Application: Wireless remote monitoring management
Location: Sydney, Australia
In Sydney, Australia, around 14.7 million trips are made on the Sydney ferry network every year. This service is not only a great convenience for only local residents and daily commuters, but also a key tourist attraction for international travelers. With an awareness of the value of timeliness and comfort to passengers, our customer sought to enhance the quality of information transparency, system reliability, and rider comfort.
Challenges and Requirements
2. Power-over-Ethernet connectivity needed to be available for onboard cameras
3. GPS functionality was necessary for NMEA reporting
4. 3G/4G network connectivity was required for remote data transmission.
5. Monitoring software is needed for remote control and management.
The procdure is outlined as follows:
2. The cellular routers collect data for forwarding over-the-air via a 3G/4G carrier service to both the control center and the kiosks at each wharf.
3. The cellular routers also had GPS functionality, which enabled real-time localization.
4. The control center, which is responsible for monitoring multiple ferries, receives onboard and positional information from the cellular routers on each ferry, converts the raw data into meaningful passenger information, and sends it to each wharf via a fiber connection.
5. Passenger information kiosks were installed at each wharf to display real-time ferry location and boarding information via a dashboard.
Features, Advantages, and Benefits
2. Supports 3G/4G network
Secured Software Features
2. Functionality IP tables
3. VPN functionality
4. R-SeeNet monitoring software
1. Strong reputation and commitment to Industry 4.0
2. Proper product recommendations matching customer requirements
3. Site survey services
4. Wireless topology consultancy
5. Years of experience in public transportation
1. Powerful CPU and enhanced memory to support high demand customer applications
2. Extended operational temperature range from -40 °C to +75 °C
3. 10-60 VDC operated with transient and reverse polarity voltage protection
4. Flexible Port options( 3-port Switch, Ethernet and RS232/422/485 serial ports with isolation)
5. GPS, GLONASS ,BeiDou, Galileo and QZSS support
6. MicroSD card holder, In/Out, USB Host
7. Low power consumption mode for solar and battery power applications
8. Optional industrial grade WiFi
9. Optional PoE PSE or PoE PD on ETH0 and ETH1
10. Advanced security features
More Case Studies
Real Time Monitoring of Boiler System in Hospitals, Hotels and Campuses with Advantech Cellular Router Solution
To become a new generation of intelligent enterprise, most managers were looking for a network solution that helps collect data, automatically report operation status, send warning message if abnormal machine behavior occurs and can be managed from a remote control center.