Meeting USDA, HACCP Compliance for Food Production and Storage with Wireless Mesh Sensing
The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) compliance requirements in K-12 school kitchens called for upgrades to record keeping and the calibration and verification of refrigeration equipment. The requirements are part of a USDA food safety plan based on HACCP management principles.
Advantech provides a complete solution for environmental monitoring of food storage and food distribution areas:
- Wzzard Mesh Wireless Sensor Nodes report data via wireless mesh networks.
- Users can retrofit existing equipment regardless of brand or style, including: walk-In, reach-in or mobile refrigeration units.
- The Wzzard self-forming, self-healing mesh wireless network makes installation quick and easy. No special skills are required.
- The Wzzard mesh wireless networks enable monitoring of multiple refrigeration units at each school.
- Scalable – users can add additional sensing nodes at any time to monitor additional parameters like leaks/flood detection, compressor current, compressor charge state and door open/close.
- Low Maintenance - Wzzard mesh wireless sensor nodes are self-powered, using a lithium battery lasting up to 5 years. There is no need for external power, enabling easy placement.
- Generates email and/or SMS alerts if temperatures exceed a threshold.
- Generates reports for compliance and safety monitoring.
- All schools can be managed from a single location using a detailed graphical dashboard
- Commercial Refrigeration/Cooler/HVAC
- Temperature & Humidity Sensing/Monitoring
Product Features & Benefits
- Ultra-low power 802.15.4e SmartMesh IP technology
- Communicates with SmartSwarm network gateway via highly scalable and reliable wireless mesh networks
- Connect to industry standard analog or digital sensors MQTT and JSON IoT protocol to application platform
- Wide operating temperature
- Environmental monitoring - including commercial refrigeration, food processing and storage applications and more
- Regulatory compliances
- Labor savings - Unlike manual monitoring, Wzzard mesh networks provides 24x7 monitoring and reportingcapabilities
- Eliminates food loss from spoilage caused by refrigeration temperature fluctuation
- Easily add and monitor HVAC, furnaces, water heaters, commercial dishwashers and more