Wireless Solution for Remote Video Surveillance System for Government Building in India
- Market: Surveillance
- Industrial Application: Remote monitoring management
- Location: India
Challenges and Requirements
2. Multiple Ethernet ports for multi-camera connections
3. I/O connectivity for nearby sensors
4. Supports remote monitoring and management software
5. Ruggedized industrial-grade design against high temperature and humidity
6. GPS functionality for real-time localization
7. Protected web interface is required to prevent confidential information leaks
2. Cameras were hard-connected to an Ethernet port, with each cellular router allowing for up to three camera connections.
3. Temperature and infrared sensors in certain locations are also hard-connected to cellular routers.
4. The cellular routers collect data for forwarding over-the-air via a 3G/4G carrier service to both the control center and any authorized portable devices.
5. Equipped with dual SIM cards, the routers can auto-switch to the most steady carrier for non-stop data transmission.
Features, Advantages, and Benefits
This exceptionally fast 3G UR5i v2 wireless router is equipped with one Ethernet 10/100 port, one USB Host port, one binary I/O port, and one SIM card slot. For communication data storage and backup, a version with dual SIM support is also available. A wide range of user-defined interface options further expand the options for Ports 1 and 2. For example, Port 1 can be fitted with an Ethernet port (10/100), an RS-232/485/422/M-Bus/Wi-Fi serial interface, or I/O - CNT; whereas Port2 can be equipped with an RS-232/485/422/M-Bus serial interface or I/O - CNT. This line of routers is available with either a plastic or metal enclosure, and the full version is equipped with a GPS.
Configuration is performed via a password-protected web interface. The 3G UMTS/HSPA+ router supports VPN tunnel creation with IPsec, OpenVPN, and L2TP, thus ensuring safe communication.
3. Monitoring and diagnostic functions
The web interface provides statistics on router activity, signal strength, logged data, and so on, and the cellular router supports DHCP, NAT, NAT-T, DynDNS, NTP, VRRP, control by SMS, and many other functions. Other diagnostic functions ensuring continuous communication include automatic inspection of PPP connections with an automatic restart feature in the case of connection loss, and a hardware watchdog for monitoring the router status.
With the help of a startup script window, you can insert Linux scripts for various actions. Additionally, for some applications, you can create multiple configurations for the one 3G wireless router, and you can also create up to four profiles and switch between them (e.g., via SMS, binary input status, etc.). The configuration and firmware of these cellular wireless routers can also be automatically upgraded from the server, thus allowing for the simultaneous reconfiguration of multiple routers.
- Strong reputation and commitment to Industry 4.0
- Proper product recommendations matching customer requirements
- Site survey services
- Wireless topology consultancy
- Years of experience in public transportation
By placing configuration, diagnostics, and management functions and a complete view of the installed device population right at your desktop, WebAccess/DMP lets users manage all of their routers from a single location, wherever they may be.
The project manager’s objective was to implement a centralized network system that could acquire data on the ferries and wharfs while allowing staff to remotely monitor and control all activities from a central control room.
Industrial Iot- iConnectivity product marketing