Advantech Certified PCAP Touch Module Solutions and Services Ensure Maximum Reliability and Flexibility
Touch functionality is increasingly critical to both consumer electronics and industrial devices. Below you will find useful information addressing common inquiries for any Advantech product or device with PCAP (Projected Capacitive) touch functionality. Advantech unveiled six (6) PCAP standard modules in 2018: 10.1”, 12.1”, 15.0”, 15.6”, 18.5” and 21.5” with 91.7% usage among Advantech PCAP touch panel modules. With Advantech’s usage and experiences, we are confident in our touch IC, sensors and overall module performance. Customers are able to have customized items from standard modules.
Advantech’s in-house development team focuses on supporting customers as they integrate the touch display into overall systems. Not only are touch sensors, controllers, and firmware perfectly aligned with each other, but also with requirements regarding glove, water, salt water, and dirt compatibility. EMC compatibility is guaranteed.
TPM (touch panel module) stack-up is the first step when selecting the PCAP module. The TPM consists of the cover glass (or cover lens), touch sensor, and touch IC. Generally, G/G and G/F/F are the two stack-up types used for industrial applications.
- G/G: cover glass + glass sensor (there are DITO and SITO types for glass sensors)
- G/F/F: cover glass + film sensor (x-axis electrodes) + film sensor (y-axis electrodes)
TPM Cover Glass
For the next step, please select the cover glass type. Depending on the application, the cover glass may require strengthening from Corning (Gorilla), Asahi (DragonTrail), soda-lime type, or any special type for cover glass. Check whether any cover glass treatment is required or not, for instance: anti-glare (AG), anti-reflection (AR), anti-finger (AF) treatment, or any logo/virtual icon/special color printing on the cover glass.
COF or COB
Following these steps, you can now check with the mechanical engineers and ID designers for customized customer model(s).
Following the steps above, once receiving a customer TPM inquiry, we can offer proper TPM models to fulfil the inquiry. There are some standard PCAP TPMs to follow. First make a survey among the models and then get back to PAPS with any customized inquiries.
- TPM101PFGM00-E600 / 10.1" PCAP TPM, G/F/F, COF, EETI EXC80H60 IC
- TPM121PFGM00-E600 / 12.1" PCAP TPM, G/F/F, COF, EETI EXC80H60 IC
- TPM150PFGM00-E600 / 15.0" PCAP TPM, G/F/F, COF, EETI EXC80H60 IC
- TPM156PGGM00-E600 / 15.6" PCAP TPM, G/G, COF, EETI EXC80H60 IC
- TPM185PFGM00-E840 / 18.5" PCAP TPM, G/F/F, COF, EETI EXC80H84 IC
- TPM215PGGM00-E840 / 21.5" PCAP TPM, G/G, COF, EETI EXC80H84 IC