Trusted Quality and Advanced Design in Bonding Equipment
The semiconductor industry utilizes a diverse range of specialized machines to perform functions such as bonding, molding, trimming, and forming. Production lines are integrated as complete in-line systems for microelectronics, semiconductors, photonics, and optoelectronics. As such, equipment makers are susceptible to global supply chain issues because they require reliable supplies of certain commodities used in the manufacturing of such machines. If supply chain issues and shortages cause problems, consumer-grade components and parts may not meet the strict benchmarks and reliability requirements for those who purchase such expensive equipment, and equipment makers will not want to be inundated with products that need RMA support.
A world leader in the supply of semiconductor assembly and packaging equipment and surface mount technology solutions was looking to strengthen their equipment and processes. They are a company in southeast Asia that produces high-quality equipment for all major steps in the electronics manufacturing process - from carriers for chip interconnection to chip assembly and packaging, to semiconductor manufacturing equipment. Initially, they had produced some of their equipment using consumer-grade components and parts but found they had problems when some customers struggled with reliability and other issues. As a long-term partner of Advantech, they approached Advantech for an industrial-grade hardware solution.
- Low reliability and high RMA rates.
- Difficulties in management of material change and revision control.
- Need for reliable HW and SW integration with long-term support.
Part of the solution was a customized 13” chassis with an AIMB-786 9th Gen Intel® Core™ i3/i5/i7 industrial-grade ATX motherboard. Multiple expansion slots allow different expansion cards for different models. In the early stage of chassis customization, Advantech considered future spec/function expansions such as power upgrades that would have particular space and thermal flow requirements. For this project, the cable length and pin specs also needed to be customized, and our mechanical design team also considered cable placement within the chassis to help facilitate airflow and make assembly/upgrading easier. As a global semiconductor supplier, the company needs to enable its customers to be competitive. Therefore, a reliable industrial-grade solution with careful revision control would ensure the customer would spend less effort on hardware changes, and focus more on software development. Plus, world-wide RMA and logistics support were two key factors that could improve their global business.
- Chassis Customization: Dual-Side Power (Reset) Button.
- Front-Plate Customization: Extra I/O connections from board pin headers.
- Expert Thermal & Mechanical Design: Supports smooth airflow under 45-50 ℃ ambient temperature.
- Customized Rackmount Chassis: Customized 13” chassis with 300W - 500W PS2 PSU.
- AIMB-786: LGA1151 8th/9th Gen Intel® Core ™ industrial ATX motherboard.
- PCI-1245: DSP-based 4-axis stepping and servo motor control universal PCI card.
- PCE-USB: 4-port USB 3.0 card (1-3 pieces per unit).
- PCI-1620: 8-port RS-232 PCI communication card w/ or w/o surge.
As the No. 1 IPC supplier in the field for over 35 years, Advantech continues to keep customers’ needs as the 1st priority. Careful attention is paid to all details of end-applications, manufacturing processes, and issues that are of concern to individual customers. The Advantech team designs and delivers the most appropriate and reliable solution to fulfill each customer’s unique requirements. Moreover, Advantech global RMA service and logistics management are also there to provide safe and timely deliveries and attentive ongoing services.
- Extensive system design experience.
- High quality industrial-grade design.
- Advanced design strategy to allow space for upgrades and additions.
- Ongoing support and revision control.
- One-stop service from design to certification.
- Global RMA and logistics support
Premier Integration Products and Services in Semiconductor
Accelerate machine builder’s product development and solve the toughest problems.
All-round service and product selections in test & measurement, motion control, vision inspection, copy exact service and more.
IoT-enabled automation convergence solutions for equipment builders in Semiconductor, F&B, Auto parts, Cobot, AGV, AI AOI and PHM.