Advantech Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as Advantech) respects and supports the internationally recognized human rights regulations and principles, including the “Universal Declaration of Human Rights,” “The United Nations Global Compact,” and the “Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work” of the International Labour Organization.
Advantech complies with local regulations where the company is located, and it establishes human rights policies based on the United Nations Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights.
Advantech’s human rights policies are applicable to the Advantech Group and its joint ventures. Through the aspects of protection, respect, and remedy in the human rights management framework, we strive to reduce human rights risks in employees, suppliers, cooperating partners, and our environment, or we use remedial measures to reduce the impact of human rights incidents.
- We firmly believe that respecting and protecting human rights is an important foundation for the sustainable operation of a business.
- We take human rights issues into consideration in all aspects of our operations.
- We provide unimpeded communication channels for stakeholders.
- We provide a work environment that is safe and healthy, and free from discrimination and harassment.
- The working environment we provide complies with environmental regulations; and environmental pollution is avoided by means of proper management and technical applications.
- Child labor prohibition: We comply with local minimum age laws and regulations and do not employ child labor.
- Elimination of unlawful discrimination and ensuring of equal job opportunities: Discrimination is prohibited based on race, skin color, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, disability, labor union membership, or political affiliation. Every person has the right to equal protection without any sort of discrimination.
- No inhumane treatment: We prohibit harassment, physical abuse, or threats of same.
- Forced labor prohibition: We ensure the absence of forced or involuntary labor and that the overall conditions of employment are voluntary.
- Meeting base salaries and gradually introducing living wage considerations: We provide employees with minimum wages and benefits that meet or exceed the minimum required by local laws and regulations. Furthermore, we confirm whether an employee's salary is sufficient to support the local living standard, striving to pay a fair and full living wage on time with legal deductions stated on the pay slip.
- We have created a stage for open management, allowing talent to be utilized to its fullest and providing all employees with a working environment of mutual trust and respect as well as health and safety.
- Employee training and self-development: We provide facilities, training programs, time, and subsidies to support employees' professional development.
- We support and assist employees in maintaining their physical and mental health and work-life balance.
- We respect the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining. We have established diverse communication channels between employers and employees and provide grievance mechanisms.