Intelligent Logistics Control Solution: Optimizing AGV Forklift System Efficiency and Stability
As land and labor become more costly, enterprises are facing challenges for the development and profitability of warehousing and logistics management. Smart logistics systems are increasingly becoming the choice of large enterprises. One of the key components of an AGV (Automated Guided Vehicle) logistics system is the stability of its control system and its connection with other key systems, which is a crucial component to the efficiency, security, and stability of the overall logistics solution.
- The AGV forklift system needed EtherCAT bus to connect to the servo drives to control the extension of the forklift arm, and it also needed to support CAN bus to connect to the vehicle’s power system. It also needed to connect to a wireless client through the serial port.
- The AGV system needed a powerful processing capability and an operating system for processing and computing the scheduling system path instructions, and a 3D interface display capability.
- The controller needed a compact low-voltage DC power supply and low power consumption to meet the body size and battery requirements.
- Controller: Integrated CODESYS-enabled controller AMAX-5570
- I/O Modules: AMAX-5000 EtherCAT plug-in I/O modules
- Control Software: CODESYS V3.5
- Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit
- AMAX-5570 supports EtherCAT, CAN bus, Modbus TCP, and serial interfaces, providing all necessary peripherals for AGV forklifts.
- It is compatible with both Windows environments and SoftPLC CODESYS real-time core, and its x86 processor enables various data and display functions.
- With dimensions of only 48.8 x 100 x 70 mm and a power supply range of 10-36VDC, it meets the requirements of AGV forklifts.
- Its embedded fanless design and rail mounting ensure stable, long-term system operation, enhancing the stability and efficiency of the overall logistics system.