Advantech’s Comprehensive Range of Solutions Prove Crucial in Developing Experimental Solar Glass Design for Dubai Airport
- A platform as a service (PaaS) readily available for creating a private cloud in Taiwan.
- Easy-to-learn and use programming tools that could expedite the secondary development process.
- Solid, durable hardware devices capable of withstanding the intense heat of Dubai’s desert climate.
This monitoring system worked in a manner that allowed researchers in Taiwan to keep a remote eye on the display facilities in Dubai. WISE-4010 and ECU-1251 operated at both display facilities: the former device collected plenty of data that spanned glass surface temperatures, environmental temperatures and humidity, electricity usage (from power meters), and A/C operation (from infrared ray transmitters), whereas the latter pre-processed this data. The data was fed to the ECU-4784 computer (installed in the electric boxes outside), which then converted it into a format compatible with the IEC61850 protocol (which the computer supported) and sent it over the 4G network to the HPC-7242 server in Taiwan. Data was displayed in real time on a private cloud built by ICP on WISE-PaaS and WISE-PaaS/WISE.M+.
- WISE-4010: 4-ch Current Input and 4-ch Digital Output IoT Ethernet I/O Module
- ECU-1251: TI Cortex A8 Industrial Communication Gateway with 2 x LAN, 4 x COM Ports
- ECU-4784: IEC-61850-3 Certified Power Automation Computer
- HPC-7242: 2U Rackmount Chassis for ATX Motherboard with 4 Hot-Swap SAS/SATA HDD Trays and RPS
- WISE-PaaS/EnSaaS: Industrial PaaS Solution for the Edge to Cloud Service
- WISE-PaaS/WISE.M+: Cloud-enabled Industrial IoT Real-Time Monitoring and Operating Platform
- WebAccess/SCADA: Browser-based SCADA Software Platform