Monitoring Elevator Door and Lift Faults in a Major Metropolitan City Using LTE Technology
To solve the issue of expense—while also maintaining high availability and optimal performance—CloudMonitoring wanted to utilize the latest in LTE technology communications to capture data for customers.
To be feasible to work with CloudMonitoring and REMS, the LTE hardware technology had to provide reliable network access in basement and bunkered locations, support Python and MQTT, offer a “last gasp” capability for communicating after a power outage, and work with leading web-based cloud platforms.
- The LTE Cat M1 capability addresses the challenge of getting a reliable cell signal in basements and other in-building locations.
built-in super capacitor provides enough power for a “last gasp” message to be
sent when the mains power is lost, which is critical for monitoring elevators
and escalators in high traffic public transit applications
- The ICR-3211B supports the required software development tools CloudMonitoring needed for integration with its own web-based applications
- • Global LTE Cat.M1 coverage with GSM fallback
- • Powerful CPU with 1.3 GB storage to host customer SW applications
- • 2× SIM with cover, eSIM ready
- • 2× Ethernet 10/100, 1x RS232, 1x RS485 and I/O
- • Robust metal cover with DIN and Wall mount options
- • Operational temperature range from -40°C to +75°C
- • Backup real-time clock• Sleep mode & power ignition
- • Last-gasp super-capacitor