Advantech’s Holistic TDMs Deliver Customization, Efficiency for a Diverse Array of Applications
Filling the air gap via direct bonding significantly helps enhance overall display performance. Direct bonding not only improves the general optical performance, with lower reflectivity and wider temperature support, but also boosts durability and reduces the total thickness of the TDM (touch display module). The comparison is shown below:
OCA-Optical Clear Adhesive (Air-bond)
- Bond area: Adhesive placed around LCM VA area
- Optical Performance: Worse
- Applications: Retails, Factory, KIOSK
- Yield Rate: Higher
- Cost: Cheaper
OCR-Optical Clear Resin (Direct-bond/Optical-bond)
- Bond area: Fully placed on LCM surface
- Optical Performance: Better
- Applications: Medical (X-ray film checking), Outdoor with UV-cut, High-humidity environments
- Yield Rate: Lower
- Cost: Expensive
There are two types of OCR for direct-bonding: silicone-based and acrylic-based. For different applications, selecting the proper OCR for direct-bonding is extremely important. For instance, for outdoor applications, a silicone-based OCR is usually the optimal choice as it will not absorb UV in the sunlight.
Advantech and its partners offer both silicone and acrylic-based OCR for TDM models suitable for different product collaborations, applications, and user experiences.