Elevating the Reliability of Aerospace Avionics with Wide-Temperature SQRAM
Aerospace avionics systems demand consistent performance and reliability, even when subjected to extreme conditions. The challenges faced in this industry are daunting, with temperature extremes, mechanical shocks, and environmental factors posing a threat to the operation of critical systems. It is essential for systems to have DRAM that provides high reliability and can process data consistently in critical environments.
Customer Pain Point
Aerospace Corporation specializes in cutting-edge avionics solutions for military and commercial aircraft. Their avionics systems are mission-critical; however, these systems face formidable challenges when it comes to temperature fluctuations, vibration, and moisture exposure.
Our wide-temperature (-40~85℃) SQRAM, coupled with sidefill and conformal coating technology, has the ability to revolutionize the aerospace industry by significantly enhancing the performance and resilience of critical avionics systems, effectively addressing a long-standing customer pain point.
At Advantech, we use fixed-die ICs in all our SQRAM to ensure quality and compatibility. Additionally, we offer a longevity guarantee of at least 3 years and a limited lifetime warranty. To ensure our solutions meet the highest standards, we have applied to have our technology tested according to the U.S. Military MIL-STD-810H standard. This testing program includes rigorous evaluations such as shock and random vibration tests. These demanding tests are an integral part of our commitment to delivering high-quality, reliable avionics systems that meet and exceed the aerospace industry's stringent standards.
The objective is to implement Advantech's SQRAM wide temperature memory module to significantly improve the reliability and stability of avionics systems, ensuring uninterrupted operation, even in harsh conditions. Thorough testing and validation was carried out to ensure compatibility, reliability, and optimal performance of integrated components under a range of challenging conditions, including extreme temperatures, vibration, and humidity.
Sidefill technology was adopted to reinforce solder joints and enhance resistance to mechanical shocks, reducing the risk of component failures and system downtime. Conformal coating was applied to protect memory modules from moisture, dust, and other contaminants, preventing corrosion and electrical interference and improving overall system durability. These two additions are essential to truly resolving the customer’s pain points when operating under harsh conditions.
- Model Name: SQR-SD4I / SQR-SD4I32G3K2SNAB / SODIMM DDR4 3200 32GB (-40~85°C)
- Industrial-grade IC with high-quality Samsung original IC & fixed die
- Must undergo a 100% reliability burn-in process and must successfully meet MIL-STD-810H standards for vibration & shock testing
- Default anti-sulfuration protection for harsh environments
- Additional sidefill/conformal coating against vibration and high-humidity environments
The implementation of the Advantech SQRAM project represents a strategic step forward for Aerospace Corporation in enhancing the reliability and performance of their avionics systems. By addressing customer pain points and leveraging advanced technology solutions, this project is poised to deliver significant benefits, contributing to the success and safety of aerospace missions.
- 30μ" chamfer edge Gold Fingers
- 3-year longevity fixed die
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Free SQRAM Manager Software to monitor DRAM health status and overheating alerts
- MIL-STD-810H shock certification, tested with 40G/30G Sawtooth shock with 6 directions and 18 shocks in a 10ms duration.
- MIL-STD-810H Random Vibration Certification, testing X, Y, and Z axes for 1 hour per axis in operation mode