The Best Streaming Solutions
With the rapid improvement of network performance and the popularity of various media channels, online video has gradually become an indispensable method of communicating. When it comes to live streaming, what factor plays the most important role? Zero-latency? High video resolution? Both of the factors help you create the best streaming circumstance. Therefore, to achieve these two conditions, you will need three tools to help you go through the journey.
1. Hardware: This is where to determine the actual quality of your stream.
Advantech VEGA-3311, 4K HEVC broadcast video capture and encoding accelerator card, is tailored for professional media processing and are capable of performing professional grade video capturing and up to 4K 60 FPS Main10 profile HEVC encoding with low power consumption. Equipped with the latest driver and SDK releases for Microsoft Windows operating systems, VEGA-3311 is capable of multi-channel video capturing at up to 4Kp60 and real-time 10-bit 4:2:2 HEVC/AVC encoding with low power consumption. Under OBS, VEGA-3311 cards can support live video capture via 3G/12G-SDI for composition and accelerate live encoding of program output via a single-slot solution. Moreover, VEGA-3311 can be installed in most PCI Express-based devices, such as Advantech’s VEGA-7020 high-density video server.
VEGA-3311: 4K HEVC Broadcast Video Encoding Card
- Supports 3G-SDI and 12G-SDI video signals
- Supports SMPTE 2022, SMPTE 2110 & SMPTE 2059
- Supports VSF TR-03/-04 w/ AES67 audio
- 8-bit/10-bit HEVC and AVC encoder for both SDR and HDR video contents
- Real-time 1-ch 4K UltraHD & 4-ch FHD encoding.
VEGA-7020: 1U High-Density Video Server for Accelerated Video Processing
- Supports up to 8 x CPU cores with Intel® UHD Graphics and Intel® Quick Sync Video functionality
- 4 x PCI Express card slots for I/O and accelerators
- 4 x Gigabit Ethernet network ports
Meanwhile, Advantech VEGA-2002 is a small, low power, real-time encoding module based on video compression from leading video technology provider Ambarella which supports live UHD resolution HEVC and AVC codecs. It features 4Kp60 10bit video acquisition through built-in SDI or HDMI inputs and the encoded video and audio can be streamed to Ethernet or directly to mobile or Wi-Fi networks by connecting a USB wireless adapter. The VEGA-2002 can create multiple output streams from a single video input and encode each one using different codecs with different parameters. The encoded streams can be stored locally or on a network drive or packaged for live transmission. VEGA-2002 supports the latest reliable streaming protocols such as SRT, NDI and Zixi in addition to more conventional protocols for ingest to Facebook Live etc.
VEGA-2002: 4K UHD H.265/H.264 Real-Time Encoder and Streaming Module
- 4K 60FPS audio/video capture over built in 4 x 3G –SDI, 1 x 12G(3G)-SDI or HDMI 2.0 inputs
- Real-time 4Kp60 H.264/H.265 encoder
- Sending video streams by Gigabit Ethernet or USB WIFI/LTE dongle Equipped with NewTek™ NDI®|HX streaming protocol
2. Software: Go live with this free and open source software.
OBS (Open Broadcaster Software), on the other hand, is a software for video recording and live streaming, features high-performance real-time video/audio capturing and mixing. OBS also create scenes made up of multiple sources including images, text, browser windows, webcams, capture cards and more. Basically, OBS is where your inputs (such as microphone, webcam, game capture) and outputs (your stream) come together.
- High-performance real-time video/audio capturing and mixing
- Create scenes from multiple sources
- Unlimited number of scenes to switch seamlessly
- Easy to use configuration options
How VEGA Series Work with OBS
Video from cameras or media players captured by VEGA-3311 can be served as video sources in OBS. Film makers present live video feeds from VEGA-3311 together with their creative and decorative frame artworks. When the program starts to shot, OBS delivers compressed video contents to popular Internet stream services e.g., Youtube, Twitch, and Facebook. It can also record live video to media files for playback later. Video compression is a strong feature of VEGA-3311. OBS can leverage this hardware accelerator to create high quality video stream up to 4K HEVC/AVC 60FPS in real-time.
Other than that, OBS could also support popular NewTek NDI linking protocol. With a few step clicks, film makers can acquire video outputs from VEGA-2002-NDI installed around neighborhood.
Now you have your hardware and software arranged, what are you waiting for?
Advantech VEGA live streaming solutions provide video film makers with the required technology to accelerate the heavy-lifting parts of the workflow without otherwise losing capacity, helping them successfully address the challenges of UHD video processing in a cost-effective manner.